Pentium D!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
AMDs don't suck at multitasking. They are just less efficient at it than the pentium 4s that have hyperthreading.

... See, I want a faster CPU for gaming, that can also multitask like a mofo, and is 64 bit. I guess it's a pretty tall order.

You don't need 64 bit right now, I would wait for that. Just keep your current processor, it's great for multitasking and gaming. Remember, for gaming the processor determines the fps you get. If you are getting 40 fps or beyond then you don't need a new processor. The video card is going to be the key factor, so just keep the processor and grab the 7800.

But it looks like he really wants a new computer, so if he really does, then he should get the x2 cause thats what he is looking for.

Yeah woot, I think you will be dissapointed if you upgrade now, your not going to see a big difference no matter what you get. Wait at least a year and see whats out there.

You would see a pretty big difference with a more powerful gfx card in gaming. That is definately holding you back more than your cpu at this point. Not that the 6600GT is a bad card by any means, but a 6800GT, or if you get a 7800GT, that will be huge change compared to anything you could do with your cpu.

Dual Core Pentiums with HT will pwn. 4 Threads............

But I will wait to see how the X2 performs before I make my opinion in stone.

AMD dual cores should outperform Intel dual cores in most to all areas of computing.

Don't ask an AMD "FanBoy" like me...

Yan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom