AMD® Athlon™ 64 with HyperTransport Technology VS Pentium 4 ht or extreme edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think that the intel EE would be sufficient for gaming. It mainly depends on the gpu. If you have your eyes set on the intel, then get it.

Intel are better OC'ers in term's of mhz
they aren't 'better' they just have a larger increase in MHz which doesn't = better OC'ing or performance in anyway.......if it takes 800MHz on an Intel to equal a 400MHz OC on an AMD, then that makes them equal, not Intel better simply because it went up a higher number

Yeah, I've always been confused by that because I've read posts saying that Intel can overclock more making it better for overclocking, but I got it now Nubius. Thanks.

Yeah, go with AMD then. AMD is better for gaming, but Intel is better for multitasking. I guess it depends on what you want to do. If you are doing lots of gaming with a little bit of multitasking type stuff, then AMD. If you are going to do tons of multitasking things and very little gaming, then it is up to you I guess. It all depends on what you are going to do with it though.

Regardles, I would not recommend the P4 EE. If you look at the benchs it really doesn't add enough performance to justify the cost. I OC mine to 3.7 with 266 fsb with RAM at 1:1. It basically makes it an EE with the exception of the 2mb cache for about 1/4 of the cost.

Maybe get an FX-53. I believe it is the best high-end bang for the buck AMD but I'm not too sure.

Get AMD,
AMD run cooler,
Intels run too hot.
AMD stuff rock at gaming,
Intel stuff suck at gaming.
AMD are cheaper,
Intel are sky high (with the addition to this is expensive coolers too).
Intel supposedly over clock better but because they run too hot u will have to spend tons on cooling
AMD are good at overclocking and WONT need lots of fancy cooling

I will not be doing extreme gaming. Just playing games (Counterstrike) now and then. My main need is just to have a fast computer.

I will be using music software like cubase sx3 and reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom