Pentium D!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need a new mobo. Intel isn't like amd. You need new mobos for the newst pentiums. Some old 755s will not support new pentium 4s. That is just the way it is. Also, check Xbit labs. They have something about the pentium ds. Apparently, then 2.8 can oc to 3.3, but after that, the processor becomes unstable. Finally, clock speed does matter. Check the benchmarks.

Hold on, NM, looks like I will need a new mobo. Screw that, if I need to buy a new mobo anyway, I'll get an AMD.

You really shouldn't worry about it at all for a while. Your 3.4 will be good for a while....

Amd is covering one of it's weaknesses which is multitasking with the new dual core processors. If you multitask alot while also running games, get the x2. For example, if you are encoding a movie while playing doom3 at highest settings, the x2 will handle it better (no lag) than a fx-55 will.

But just gaming, regular 64? AMD64 has hyper-transport right? So it's pretty good at multitasking anyway.

HYpertransport and hyperthreading are two totaly different things. Hypertransport acts like an enhanced fsb for the processor. Hyperthreading allows two threads to run on the processor simotaneously. hyperthreading is for mutitasking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom