3DMark05

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats your temps hitting? Use rivatuners hardware monitor, let it run while you run a benchmark, so when you close down the bench it shows a graph of what it was hitting during peak loads.....if you try to go to nvidia utility, but the time you get to open it, the temp drops 10C pretty much instantly.

This would probably be the first eVGA I've seen not hit Ultra speeds....you might look into investing in an NV Silencer....or purposely killing your card and RMA'ing it :p

2nd option would be somewhat dangerous though lol

This would probably be the first eVGA I've seen not hit Ultra speeds....you might look into investing in an NV Silencer....or purposely killing your card and RMA'ing it
LOL, I once purposely blew a set of speakers because I didn't like the way they sounded and took them back :p

It is wierd that it won't OC any better. Definately check your temps like Nubios said and see what you have. You might also want to try the core higher with the memory back at 1000 and see what happens.

I tried the core higher with the memory back at 1000 and it is still the same problem. I'll get rivatuner and see what's up though.

dale5605 said:
I can't begin to even figure out why 6800 gt's do what they do, lmao.

Yo dale! your back, warzuuup

as for ur graphics card ? or w/e as nubius said, uve oc'd it too high without making correct adjustments in the voltages n shiz.. so maybe you should learn how to OC properly? Just a suggestion, no offence intended

Yo dale! your back, warzuuup

as for ur graphics card ? or w/e as nubius said, uve oc'd it too high without making correct adjustments in the voltages n shiz.. so maybe you should learn how to OC properly? Just a suggestion, no offence intended
Bah what the hell is that post about? Welcoming dale!? you crazy sumumma......he can't just 'change' voltage like it's some easy thing to do sucka, you gotta volt mod if you want to do that.........all overclocking GPU's requires is raising the core and memory which he's trying to do, yet apparently his card just doesn't want to OC

VIII said:
I know how to overclock properly man. I have overclocked RAM, my CPU, and my FSB multiple times with multiple different numbers just for the learning sake. The easiest is overclocking your graphics card, because all you do is raise the frequency (like Nubius said) with a program like rivatuner. My problem is that it won't go past a certain number that just so happens to be very low in terms of overclocking a 6800GT. I can't change the voltage without a volt mod, which I do not plan on doing (also, as Nubius said).

Back to my problem. Because you overclock graphics cards through windows, would a reformat maybe help? I'm going to reformat anyway, so I was just wondering if I should try to get it to go higher after I reformat, or if it just won't go any further.

Leadtek 1
eVGA 0
yeah that's why my eVGA hit ultra speeds with stock cooler and is running 430/1150 currently and I know I'm not the only one here with it at atleast ultra also. :rolleyes:

Back to my problem. Because you overclock graphics cards through windows, would a reformat maybe help? I'm going to reformat anyway, so I was just wondering if I should try to get it to go higher after I reformat, or if it just won't go any further.
If reformating actually did anything I'd be very shocked.....this is the cards hardware itself simply not wanting to have the higher frequencies.......the windows environment wouldn't be doing anything.

You are making sure to raise the performance 3D right? and not like 2D or low power 3D on accident

How long have you had it? Where did you get it from? Newegg RMA's without many questions. I bet if you sent it to them with something about it not working properly they would send you a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom