need a new video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

abctiger

Beta member
im new with cmputers and dont know much so bare with me . i built a new computer awhile back ago .i have a amd 2400+ cpu , an asus a7n8x mobo , and video card. i forgot which one. just couple days ago my video card fried. so now im wondering which one to get. i have no clue which ones are compatible. i talked to this guy and he told me to look at the stats, but i have no clue what to look at. i was looking at the GeForce 6200 AGP 256MB and the gf 4 ti 4200. are those any good. and can it work with my setup. im trying to spend no more the $100 thanks

For a little more, you can get a 6600GT, maybe about $150, maybe a little less.

If you really want to stay under $100, maybe a 9800pro. A 6600GT is A LOT more powerful though.

edit - heres a link for the 6600GT.

Don't listen to them. They all reccomend 6600GT because they think you need to run stuff like doom3 on medium settings. Just stick to your budget.

Hacp: hmm ok so he sticks to his budget, then 3 months down the road, he picks up BF2, guess what he cant play it. So he has to spend more money to get another video card. Or he either borrows some money, or saves up, and gets a 6600gt, then 3 months down the road he gets BF2 guess what He can play it, and shouldnt have to upgrade for a while.

I doubt that game makers would alienate people like that. Not everyone has a top of the line video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom