Still dont understand AMD vs Intel

Status
Not open for further replies.

ki9090

In Runtime
i am having a hard time understanding how these CPU's stand up to each other, for instance, i might be getting a 3200+ venice core, which is clocked at 2.2ghz but most gamers that use intels have their chips at 3.0-3.6ghz. So Intels are faster and better gaming chips arent they? i meen they operate at about a ghz faster, and even is they are not thatr much faster is it even worth getting a 3200 to play doom 3 and battle feild 2 becouse its a low end AMD card.

Thanks for any and all help.

core speed doesn't matter, believe us, go with amd, i can't explain it in full detail maybe someone can help me out here.

For every mhz AMD does alot more and that's why their better.

This expisally helps gaming and other realtime low latency tasks

the AMD Athlon 64 3200 is supposedly equivalent to the P4 3.2ghz, but it really is a match for Intel's best. basiclly, AMD uses a more streamlined and innovative architecture to more with less. This allows them to do more with less as chris said. Intel doesnt use creative architecture, they just increase the clock speeds. AMDs are FAR better for games

ok, so how am i supposed to know what my AMD can do when i look at a games system requirements and is says like (reccomends more than a 2ghz proccessor) and then my CPU is a 3200 clocked at 2.2ghz. How am i supposed to know the Actual spped the game is going to play at?

And what is latency? What do u meen low and high latency, thanks.

i might be getting a 3200+ venice core, which is clocked at 2.2ghz
AMD 3200+ Socket 939 venice is clocked at 2GHz not 2.2........the 3200+ tells you right there, that it's equivelant to 3200MHz or 3.2GHz Intel......they basically named their processors to make it easier for intel people to understand yet somehow people are always confused by this.......games are always referring to Intel processors.......it says minimum 2GHz, and your AMD is equivelant to 3.2GHz........now does it make more sense.....assuming it says 2GHz and yours is equivelant to 3.2GHz you're more than in the clear.

Latency is how long something takes to do an action, mainly in regards to memory......you only need low latency (faster) RAM if you plan on overclocking because you'll never notice the speed between valueRAM and performance RAM when they are left at stock speeds

Nope. Cache is important for Intel in gaming. AMD doesn't need it but intel defenetly needs it.

Someone should probably mention the number of "instructions" even though I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom