Comp automatically restarts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carry_me_please

Beta member
Whenever im playing a game or running a cd (like a movie ) in about 5-10minutes into running it, it restarts by itself. i dont know what the problem is but when it restarts theres a blue screen saying some stuff i dont know what it means.

Go to Start > Control Panel, then open up the file called system. Then click on a tab Advanced then under Startup and Recovery click Settings, once you have done that under the area labeled as System Failure make sure the box named Automatically Restart does NOT have a checkmark in it.

^

i already tried this and it still dies. after that i went to power options and changed the power screen to "always on" no luck. btw this is my comp stats and stuff

2600+AMD athlon
80gb hard drive ultra DMA
512mb DDR optimize performance
S3 Graphics PROSAVAGE8

thx for ur help
:)

What is your PSU?

When you say "optimized performance" is that the name of the ram, or is it in some performance setting in the BIOS, where it tightens the timming, if it is that, losen them up, as it is probally making your system un stable.

um, the reason for removing that check for restart is NOT to fix it from now restarting but to generate an error message. Perhaps if you put the text of the message in here regardless if it sounds weird to you, we may be able to help. If there is an advanced option for the error (not BSOD) then put that here as well. It will tell us what is having a problem... put ALL the info in.

Whew here goes:

A problem has been detected and windows have been shut down to prevent damage.

MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart ur computer. If this screen appears again, follw these steps:

Check to make sure a new hardware or software is properly installed, if this is a new install ask ur hardware or software manufacture for any windows update u might need.

If problem continues disable or remove any newly installed hardware . Disable BIOS memory options such as CACHING or SHADOWING. If u need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart ur computer. Press F8 to select advance startup options then select safe mode.

TECH INFO

***Stop: 0x0000000C (0x0000000 , 0x80540310, 0x14384000,0x00000136)

beginnning dumping of physical memory ( Numbers keep going up too 100 then the black screen i said about appears and i caught a glimpse of what it says )

Primary INI boot failed ( or something , too fast )

whew thats what it said.

this is ONLY if using graphic intense apps?? or will this eventually happen if just sitting at the desktop? Not sure on the MBD.... are you using NVidia IDE driver types? If so change them to the generic type. That MIGHT help, also if using SP2, roll it back and see if that helps. Big help would be to know what MBD you have.

right now all the above sounds possible... could be power, temp, or bad drivers... figured go cheapest route first. may wanna try to update the bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom