Leadtek or Gainward ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leadtek. It still uses a fan, but it has copper to help keep your card nice and cool. The other one just has a fan. This is a 6600, so they don't run as hot as a 6800.

Gainward went out of buisness (not sure if it was just US or worldwide).. Have fun trying to RMA something to them if it doesnt work.

Or at least.. this is what i was told by the tech when i called to get an RMA #.. Had to ship a 100$ video card to taiwan to be repaired.

I would say leadtek would be the better alternative.

senseless said:
Gainward went out of buisness (not sure if it was just US or worldwide).. Have fun trying to RMA something to them if it doesnt work.

Or at least.. this is what i was told by the tech when i called to get an RMA #.. Had to ship a 100$ video card to taiwan to be repaired.

I would say leadtek would be the better alternative.

Nah matey they didnt go out of 'buisness', just lost support of the distributor in the US (or something to that effect) - a press release said that the gainward cards are going to be re-distributed in the US soon (if that makes sense..).

Now i know this is old tech now but... I have a Gainward 4200ti and have had no problems with it, clocking it above the 4800ti and out performing a 3Dblaster 4800ti SE it with easy in 3Dmark

My friend recently got the golden sample flavour of the 6600GT - and it works a treat, but me and my friend live in the UK, and have no problems with RMA =)

I would highly recommend the gainward card, plus the bundled overclocking software works great too

-out-

I am gonna buy it from a shop named as Komplett which is also in UK. I never had to use RMA but i ve heard that they r pretty good.

SHAWN said:
Gigabyte or eVga. I would go Gigabyte.

What the HELL does that have to do with the topic? He asked specifically 'gainward' or 'leadtek'. Please don't post stupid things like that anymore.

I feel like every one who buys an overclocked version of the card is a noob. Correct me if i m wrong but thats what i scratched out of this discussion that i should get a non overclocked version of leadtek which is like 100 $ cheaper and then try to overclock it instead of spending those 100 $ to get Leadtek Extreme 6600GT.
And for gainward , the only negative comment people have comeup with so far is that they might not provide good service. Well i have no idea about Gainward service in Sweden maybe they have some problems in USA and not the other european countries.

So what do u ppl say Now?

Leadtek 6600GT

Or

Leadtek 6600GT Extreme

Or Any of the other good brands card like Gigabyte , Asus etc

PS:
I havnt found any EVGA cards here in Sweden so dont recommend that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom