Computer and tower turn on..Then i just keeps restarting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

killin11

Beta member
I posted earlier today about my Computer turning on then just staying at a screen saying COMPAQ. I was told to just leave one ram in and try it agian. i tried both Rams in at different times..And all i get is the COMPAQ screen and it just keeps restarting..then turning on and going back to this screen. The cd rom makes a weird sound, so i switched it out and put another in but it jsut keeping making then sound, every time it turns the computer turns itself off and on.. It does it over and over..If anyone knows the problem please help..Thank you

Ok
I will disconnect all of the unessesary parts tonight after work. If you could just list the bare parts that it needs to turn on. Then i will put each part in and see what one is the culprit. Thanks, R.J.

Start up form the basics

Remove all the PCI cards. Power up the system wiht just the CPU, video and memory. If all goes to the seek for the bootable drive, your basic puter is good, i.e., mobo, memory, power supply and video. Next, power it up with the hard drive and add components as you go. Sounds to me like you have a hardware conflict in your peripheral stuff. You may want to remove the hd and save your data in another system using your current drive set as a slave and then reformat andd re-intall windows. Have fun!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom