Still Undecided!! LCD or CRT...help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well while i like my crt's just fine, and they are quite a bit cheaper sometimes, i do like the fact that lcd's are thinner and since the technology has evolved it doesnt have much lag in games now if any. i have 2 moniters right now a NEC multisync 77f which i didnt see on newegg i think its to old from like 2 years ago which i think is fine, and i also have a viewsonic p95f+b. the viewsonic is newer and is also 2' bigger and has a noticable better picture and everything. i went down to a local pc store and looked at some crt's (playing doom 3 by the way) and in no part did i ever see any lag or blur on the screen and i also tested them with painkiller and guildwars no blur or anything on any. im sure if your not an "EXTREME" gamer either one is fine and both my moniters were less than $200 and i would recommend the viewsonic but i think overall its your choice on what to get not ours but lcd's are smaller but can get dead pixels and stuff while crt's are bigger and more reliable ive heard and you cant really go wrong with either.

also this is offtopic - with lcd's, can you have magnets close to the moniter? like speakers? i know with lcds you cant sometimes if they arnt shielded enough cause i blew a moniter that way..:( just wondering though

right now, i'm using a CRT cuz i'm at school...

ahh f#@k this, my eyes are in pain... i'm gonna get off.. see ya

...btw, you can't feel that CRT's are bad cuz you never owned an LCD, ...but once you do, you won't go back to CRT's

FadingTheory said:
I think your exagerating a bit...
I think he is exaggerating big time. I mean that is so much BS that a CRT monitor will keep damaging your vision and then as soon as you switch to an LCD you vision starts magically improving? Sorry, but that is not the way vision works. A CRT monitor is not going to put me on glasses and then when after switching to an LCD I don't have to wear glasses anymore because the LCD put me back to 20/20. So very much bs...

Also I never see any reflections on my CRT. Personally I like the glass compared to the film on the LCD because I can bang on it and nothing bad will happen and it's very easy to clean, like with windex :p. Also my screen is anti-glare and anti-static as well. And the point about people being able to look from the side and still see the image on the screen fine with CRT's is also true!

pc_boy said:
right now, i'm using a CRT cuz i'm at school...

ahh f#@k this, my eyes are in pain... i'm gonna get off.. see ya

...btw, you can't feel that CRT's are bad cuz you never owned an LCD, ...but once you do, you won't go back to CRT's
I have both a CRT and a Dell LCD. Either you are nuts or you are over exaggerating big time. If this was true then it would be in the news that CRT monitors hurt people's eyes and they would not be so common in schools and workplaces!!!

my school has LCD's, except for 1 small lab....

and dude, read my post, i didn't say i got back to 20/20, i said after an year, i went from 20/30 to 20/25.... IN ONE YEAR!!!!

yah.... thats not from ditrching a CRT.

CRTs emit radiation and light beams... if they screw up your eyes, their going to STAY that way.

Beside, very often during the teenage years your vision fluctuates. Thats probably it. Your eyes are funny: environment damage is usually pretty perminant when it comes to sun rays and such.

If you can spend $400+, there is no reason not to get an LCD. At that price range you can get a screen that will have no lag at all.

Mine has 12ms response time, and I never notice any ghosting at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom