X-FI Audio Processor: I want it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAVOC

Fully Optimized
I haven't heard too much more lately about this new product from creative. But, after playing the resent BF2 demo and seeing that there is an option in the AUDIO settings for X-FI, i'm assuming that it might be available sooner then we think.

Here is a link to some info about it. Check it out!
http://www.soundblaster.com/products/x-fi/technology/

I'd love to see some reviews on it, if it's good, i'll buy one as soon as they are available. The X-FI and my Z-5500 speakers & BF2... I'll never leave my house...

If soundblaster make a decent sounding card, maybee they will make a good product

However popular to contrary belief, the X-FI will not be creative's highest end card

Yea I clicked that option in the demo and then it said my settings wouldn't work or something and I was like NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

And OMG Creative I love you, I want you.

GIVE ME X-FI!!!!!

DJ-CHRIS: What are you talking about X-FI will not be creative's highend card? Did you read any of that info from the link i posted?

If you're talking about the EMU cards, then you're wrong. The X-FI cards will blow those away. The X-FI processor is like having a 3.6GHz CPU just for audio processing.

I wonder how much these X-FI cards will cost?

HAVOC2k5 said:

If you're talking about the EMU cards, then you're wrong. The X-FI cards will blow those away. The X-FI processor is like having a 3.6GHz CPU just for audio processing.

Yes, and we all see how well those 3.6ghz processors compare to other "slower" processors.

beedubaya said:
What are the benefits of X-FI over just a Sound Blaster Audigy 2, like I have? I am happy with my sound card.

Creative will get more of your money.

HAVOC2k5 said:
DJ-CHRIS: What are you talking about X-FI will not be creative's highend card? Did you read any of that info from the link i posted?

I wonder how much these X-FI cards will cost?

It can have a great processor, and shitty audio quality, a creative thing...

Hopefully the sound quality will be good enough for gaming (I am pretty sure it will be, i mean this is going to be pricy)

Still guartneed it wont be their high end card, their EMU's are reaaaal expensive. And you dont need 360 degree sound in a studio, but beter quality and lower latency.

Looks like it is designed specificaly for gaming, using lots of processing power for stuff like 3d positional sound for surround sound setups.

senseless said:
Yes, and we all see how well those 3.6ghz processors compare to other "slower" processors.
They aren't using an Intel processor in the thing, they are just saying that for comparison but clearly you can't understand that.

In the link Havoc gave they talked about how better processing will give you more fps and with EAX 5.0 and more positional audio enhancements surround sound will be much better especially for surround sound headphones which I believe they mentioned specifically. Seems right up the alley of hardcore gamers like myself.

So basically better audio quality and less drag on the cpu for faster gaming. Creative once again proving they make the best cards for gamers. For sound quality you could look elsewhere, but for gaming no other sound cards even come close to creative.

Well, I'm not going to sit here and say, "I know a lot about audio." Because I don't. But, I do know what sounds good to my ears. And the information about these new X-FI technologies is intriguing.

This will be yet another bonus from hardcore gamers to upgrade their systems to their best potential. Just like the (PPU) that's been discussed several times in TF.

Plus, like I mentioned before, the new BF2 demo includes an AUDIO setting for X-FI. May-be they included it for Creative to develop and test the X-FI cards? May-be it won't even make the Retail Version? Who knows? I'd love to see some reviews on it though. It's going to be very interesting... Can't wait...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom