intel 630 or 531?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlkShdw88

In Runtime
hi all, still building up a list of parts for my next computer.. i know i want a intel but im wondering if any knows of seen the 'new' 5x1 intel p4's (1mb l2cache em64t) and whether or not they are faster or slower than 6xx (2mb l2cache em64t).. i hav seen benchmarks on intel 630 but cannot find any on the 5x1 series.. and they aren't sold in many places (in australia) so im wondering why? Is it better just to stick with intel 630 or not that much dif between 630 and 531 (both 3ghz em64t) and doesnt matter?? any help would b appreciated ... stuart

Have you ever looked at AMD as well? Cheaper, run cooler, higher peformance.

and 5XX dont have 64 bit as well, I think.

yeh ive looked and used amd's (amd64) before but i think for multitasking the intels (any new ones) they just seemed to handle it a bit better when opening multiple programs etc. thats why i will b getting a intel and not amd .. if the amd 64 x2 was out soon and at the same pricing (which i think is way off) then i would get one of those... yeah the 5x1 (521,531,541,etc) series have em64t and only 1mb l2 cache.. the 5xx (520,530,540 etc) are the ones that dont

k thanx guys.. but may i ask why? is it just because it has 1mb extra l2 cache? i no the pipeline was increased slightly on the 6xx series because of the l2 cache

I would say get the 5xx
the benchmarks I've seen show the 3.73GHZ (600 series) getting outperformed by their 3.4 (500 series) and even the 3.2 (500 series) at times

the only thing better in the 600 series is they use a bit less power. get the 500 series unless you are really worried about power consumption

ok thanks apokalipse .. yeh over here (australia) ive seen a 541 (3.2ghz 1mb l2 cache em64t) for the same price as a 630 (3ghz 2mb l2 cache em64t) so i might even opt for that we'll see

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom