CD and DVD LOCK

Status
Not open for further replies.

oileruis

Baseband Member
HI..i wanna lock my CD or DVD backup----i hate when somebody copy my cds or dvds...there is any software that allow me to protect my cd or dvd (anti-burn software) or any like that...

yes there is cd and dvd encryption and it's used by game makers but I'm not sure how you would get this encryption software for the cds itself as normally it is the decryption software that is wanted. I cannot tell you how to encrypt the cds but if they are on your hard drive I suggest you look at http://www.cypherix.com/ for file encryption this should keep people out of your stuff.

wow.. this is the most unique thread that I have ever read, usualy the question is the complete opposite, and to answer your question... I think you may find software that can do that but dvd decriptor, clone cd, and other such programs will always find a way to get past it...

the only real help that I can give is to search for anti-burn software

I'd rather see you encrypt it on your hard disk but your thoughts do interest me how the heck do you encrypt your own CDs a very interesting topic kudos to you!

if i encrypt my data i cannot excecute it...i ve trying with some en/decryption software....... but,........ i really need a anti-burn software....or any software that put a password into the DVD-CD, so, when somebody try to burn it, the password unauthorized the action...THANX

What you are asking for is an autorun program that requests a password to continue viewing the contents of the CD. I am pretty sure no such program exists and you can only encrypt the contents of the disc so they cannot be put onto a harddrive or another disc. A encryption such as Safedisc 2/3 would work for your needs.

There is a program, I used to have it. Im pretty sure it was called CDLock. It password protects the cd ( I dont know if it does dvd, Ill check) It also has the option to encrypt the data or not. It asks for the password when disc is inserted. If you go to explore, you see encrypted file names. I had a locked MP3 disc and WMP gave an error when I tried to play so it works.
edit:

This is it
http://www.cd-lock.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom