DFI Nf3 Socket939 AGP is upon us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read a review in which they couldn't overclock their 3200+ Venice past 2.4ghz and have it run stable. Some say that the Winchesters overclock better than the Venice's despite running a bit warmer.
Reviewers get CPUs..tinker around with it for a couple hours and call it quits.....you need to look at user reports not reviewers......go to xtremesystems.org and look in the AMD section then in the "Official venice overclocking thread" that will give you a LOT of user reports on how they do....it is true that of course OC'ing is luck of the draw....of course there will be a bad one in every batch but it's been like 95% success with 2.7GHz on air even as almost a standard OC.......winchesters in no way OC better....their silicon architecture simply doesn't allow it, and a tiny bit of research at AMD will confirm this.

with a few extra tricks im going to throw in. I'll be able to hit 3.0ghz. Then i'll be happy.
I'd shoot for lower than 3GHz if I were you, that way if you don't hit it you won't be disappointed.....3GHz is a pretty damn high OC...1GHz over stock without ridiculous insane cooling...that's why I'm going with 2.8GHz, indeed it is still very high OC, but since there's been people hitting that with air and higher I figure it's something decent to shoot for whereas 3GHz, albeit is somewhat common considering the chips is still not just being obtained left and right like welfare checks being passed out :D

If i cant hit 3.0ghz, then it probably wont be my cooling limiting me. It just sucks the high probability of not hitting 3.0ghz on my clawhammer. I dont think i can ever be happy with a stock processor, nor a moderately OC processor anymore. What has OC done to us....

OC has done nothing but made me greedy and pissed off at a product if it doesn't run high enough :p kind of weird if you think about it lol.......they don't HAVE to OC.......CPU makers could make it so that they can't OC at all, but that'd sure as hell piss a lot of people off

It's all about speed binning (might be vcore binning, not sure how AMD does it). Just gotta hope you got a 3200+ that runs at like 2199MHz but crashes at 2200MHz without more voltage so they couldn't label it a 3500+.

nah I want one where they said "meh, this would run at AMD6000+ at 1.2vcore, but because of the demand we gotta label it 3200+" :D

You're just waiting on your 3rd CPU to arrive aren't you gaara?

I needs to get me a job so I can participate in these types of fun activities with you guys! Can't afford all this stuff:(

You're just waiting on your 3rd CPU to arrive aren't you gaara?
Yep, should be here this week sometime. Kinda funny, you got the venice and I got the lanparty, we should team up. :p

trust me, i know what its like charles. Until just about 1.5 years ago, i was using a 433mhz celeron w/ 64MB of RAM and 16MB of integrated gfx

noob alert! whats the big deal with DFI ? :eek:

funny story, about half an hour ago someone suggested DFI as a new mobo possibility so i dutifully checked it out. the results were startling.... not one board with an AGP slot. i was scratching my head till i read this post :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom