Which Processor is better for gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, oh my dale....don't know what way to take that. A sticky Neods is usually the first few posts in a particular fourm such as the Hardware fourm here in Tech Fourms but here there titled IMPORTANT:. When people post they show up under the sticky/s and stickys always stay at the top of the particular fourm.

Dale, go whip your hands off... A Sticky is a thread, which explains a certain task. Look at the top of the OC Forum. You have the OC introduction, and WC introduction.

THe San Diego is for the higher end AMD 64 and the Vience is for the lower end AMD 64s. When I say lower end I dont mean worse, I mean 3200+ and up, where as the San Diego is 3800+ and up. Vience and San Diego are both awsome, its just the difference of FSB I believe.
I'm sorry but I have to correct this because it's way off.

Venice and San Diego cores are pretty much identical, same SSE3 instruction capabilities, same memory controller with 4 DIMM slots at DDR400 speeds, and 90nm architechture which supports higher clock speeds. Only difference between the two is the Sandy has the larger 1MB cache. 3700+, 4000+, FX-53, FX-55, FX-57 are all San Diego based, 3000+, 3200+, 3500+, 3800+ are all Venice based. They all still have the same 2000MT/s HTT link speed.

amd. cus it so sad that my laptop amd 64 3000+ is faster than my friends desktop pentium 4 2.8ghz
i mean really, thats a little sad.

It's a 3000+, it's supposed to be faster than a P4 2.8ghz, it probably costs more money too. NOt to mention you overclocked it...

Codeine said:
Apokalipse, your wrong man. FSB not only sends data to your RAM, but other computer entities. Like i said, it communicates from the processor, to other components. Such as RAM, HDD, and PCI. RAM is among one of the few components your FSB communicates with. Thats just a small portion of FSB occupation. FSB has been removed for the On Die Memery Controler. HT is a single path connection for computer components to communicate with hardware devices. So in a sense, its not really a fsb. FSB was used for striaght communication reasons. HT just set's the path for bytes of data, so it can channel to hardware entities.

When you say MCC, are you refering to Multiversion concurrency control?
no I'm not. the FSB is for RAM only
the South Side Bus is where data goes to and from other parts.
your motherboard typically has 3 main chips. the BIOS, the northbridge (which has the MCC or Memory controller chip) and the Southbridge
the northbridge is for RAM, the bus between it and the CPU is the FSB
the southbridge is for all other parts, the bus between it and the CPU is the south side bus

K8 motherboards have HTT (not HT) which means the memory controller is on the CPU itself. as far as I'm aware, they still have a southbridge which they use for all other components

and dale, the Pentium 4 2.8 is actually more expensive than the Sempron, Athlon XP and Athlon 64 3000+ (754 and 939)

ok everyone needs to quit argueing. i asked a question and many people answered it. now you are argueing about stuff that has almost nothing to do with the question i asked. if you are going to argue, please do it over PM instead of keeping this thread alive when the answer has been given numerous times

That sounds like a call for a mod to close ;)

PM Beedub and tell him to close this for you then.

they still have a southbridge which they use for all other components
technically it's just 'the chipset' since theres no longer a north and south bridge in particular......but yeah that chipset controls the aspects of your hard drive, PCI slot and even graphics communications I believe as people were putting their cards in the bottom PCI-E 8x slot and it turned out it was keeping their chipset cooler and giving them more stable OC's......but as far as I'm aware the primary HTT bus is purely for communication between the CPU and memory and then as been said the chipset does all other communications because it's already enough to handle all the requests unlike the memory being handled as we noticed it was able to be improved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom