help with OC'ing a 2600+ XP-M

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive stabilized at 200x12.5@1.875 with prime95 for 12+ hours and im now going to start OCing my mobo

what increments should i go up in and how do i change my CPU/DRAM ratio as i go up

also, should i stay with 2.5-3-3-7 timings?

200x12.5 is what I use too actually, with 1.85vcore.

Always go in 5mhz increments, but you dont adjust the CPU/DRAM ratio, you want to keep it 1:1 as far as you can so you'd just leave the ratio at 3/3, 4/4, 5/5, 6/6 whichever one you have it it......if you have crappy RAM it's not worth raising the FSB and keeping the RAM at 200....it's pointless and will give you no performance benefits whatsoever, will make the chipset hotter and could cause more instabilities to try and work out.

I can't tell you what timings to stay with because all RAM is different, this is the point of overclocking is tweaking your settings, finding out what the RAM will run at in terms of voltage and timings.

ive kept my multi at 10 and so far have my FSB running stable with no memtest errors at 222 with those timings close to 20 minutes now

im pondering seeing how close i can get to 230 or if i should just leave it there. im looking at some NB coolers at newegg right now too since i now know that my FSB will OC past 200 just fine

I'd leave it at 220....use Prime95 blend test mode...play some heavy games like doom3 and hl2 or far cry if you have them for a couple hours at a time.......if you do all those things and your computer never crashed then I'd say it's safe to assume your FSB is fine and stable.

aluminum sucks for good cooling......if you pay little you get little.....the Microcool Northpole chipset cooler is among the best....but it's also $29.99, it's the one I got....solid thick ass copper base with an 8000RPM fan lol......also the Thermalright NB-1 is another top knotch one........believe both can be found at www.sidewindercomputers.com

thanks for the link. im sold on microcool

id rather pay a few extra $$ than screw stuff up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom