65nm...HTT 3.0...DDR3 and more

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaara

Fully Optimized
http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1558,1826595,00.asp

Very interesting article in reference to where AMD is headed in the next few years. I like how DDR2 is sticking around for a year and then DDR3 is shoving it out of the way, my Athlon 64 should last me until then and I won't have to deal with DDR2. I still wanna see XDR put on the roadmap though, it's the best of any of the future memory modules as far as I can tell.

I also love the Hypertransport 3.0 with its supposed three times the throughput. Throw in faster RAM modules, a bit of overclocking, and we're looking at 20GB/s+ memory bandwidth. Before long memory will keep on par with cache. :D

Mmmmmm, about 2 years time, it will be cheap, and I can stick it in my new PC (about the time I will be building my next.)

Hopefully, it will remain nice and cool, for nice big overclocks, (even with the 4 cores) without phase change.

Nice find. :p

with 65nm architecture I don't see why it wouldn't run cool......but yeah, 20gb/sec memory bandwidth is just absurb to think about lol........it's pretty amazing at how well the jump from Socket A to AMD64 platforms simply made in terms of bandwidth

When the archetecture gets smaller, the current can leek more, making heat, just like intel's do on the precott cores. Plus having the 4 cores, thats got to make it hotter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom