Next Upgade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackmoore

Daemon Poster
I will have around $350 by next week, and I was wondering if it was time to make any upgrades to my system? I have had the machine since last september. Any suggestions? Processor prices have seemed to drop alot since what there were back when I got this Socket 754 3200+. Also video card prices have dropped as well.

media center edition 2005 ($130) and nvidia nvtv ($99) hardware encoder card. also try 2 samsung 512 mb ram sticks ($49) so you can go dual channel

hmm... i would save up the money for next holiday seasons to upgrade, your computer is good! ;)

EricB said:
media center edition 2005 ($130) and nvidia nvtv ($99) hardware encoder card. also try 2 samsung 512 mb ram sticks ($49) so you can go dual channel

754 can't go dual channel, only 939 can

don't upgrade now... save up mroe money so you can get a new nforce4 (or whatever the chipset will be at the time) with a dual-core cpu and a new pci-e video card.

jnev_89 said:
don't upgrade now... save up mroe money so you can get a new nforce4 (or whatever the chipset will be at the time) with a dual-core cpu and a new pci-e video card.

aye, your PC is fine as it is for any gaming needs (currently) and most other things too. Save for a bit longer and then upgrade in several months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom