Still Undecided!! LCD or CRT...help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaderpro

Fully Optimized
I currently have a 5 yr old 17"CRT and want to upgrade to a 19" black unit..
I've read the forums about monitors, and am still undecided about what type of monitor to buy. Everyone I talk to say's something different. I want to spend max about $400 Canadian. I want a good monitor for gaming so this is where my delemma lies...
Some people are bent on only using a CRT for games, but i like the thought of a smaller unit with more viewable screen size....
I really am fussy so want a great picture if possible for that price.
Argh, its frustrating.....any reccommendations of monitors would be greatly aprreciated and I need a final say on CRT or LCD...
Thany u ,
Undecided.

Oh well, theres no question there if you want it for gaming, then get a CRT. Plus CRT will be alot cheaper.

I have a BenQ T904 19" Flatscreen and its awsome for Gaming. I highly recommend it but i believe its a little more then 400$. I'm sure you can get slightly smaller but cheaper...

Cheers-

CRT, unless you have 4X the moneyof the cost of the CRT for a LCD that is comparable to the CRT.

rubbish! sorry but technology has moved on since LCD monitors were first released. when they first came out their response time was slow compared with the refresh rate on a CRT, hence gamers stuck with CRTs, - now it is negligible and not really an issue.

I'm thinking the only real advantage of a CRT at the momet (other than price) over a TFT LCD panel is the CRT might have better colour reproduction (i.e. the colour it displays is going to be closer to its real life representation). Of course this will be dependant on the monitor being correctly set up and as for games they are games and so not real, so there is no real colour in them anyway therefore this is not really an issue.

Put it this way - the most commonly used computer in graphic design is the Mac - that doesnt have a CRT does it - so the color reproduction cant be that bad. Go for a nice TFT LCD monitor. you wont regret it and think of the desk space you will be saving.

The actual quality of the image is better on CRT's, find a good review of a LCD screen that is compared to a CRT, it will say that. and CRT's don't get dead pixels.

Ghosting isn't a issue on good LCD's though.

Ok, thanks for all your replies. So far only fitzjj says to buy a LCD.....now have any of you guys actually tried LCD's with games? My computer store, who I assume knows alot about computers, also said to "upgrade" to an LCD.
I'm leaning towards CRT but still want to discusss.....thanks..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom