Someone help me to choose really good comp plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

snipa.inc

Solid State Member
Hey everyone...ill explain my situation...
i currently live in australia and im leaving for argentina in 2 weeks...1 dollar here equals to three dollars there so im gonna buy a computer in parts there and bring it here and build it...
im only 14 so im not an expert with computers but i know a bit...im looking for help on what parts to buy ((-- my parents are willing to spend around $1000-$1200 a.u on the parts altogether--))

thanx man...really helped, yea i wanna use it for mostly gaming, like counter-strike and half-life and all those games that need good computers...i currently have a verrrrrrrrrrry crap comp that can support those games but just can't run them properly enoguh....i have to play on the lowest resolution :S:S:S:S

since you want to play 3D games focus on the video card. the video hardware has the most impact on how well your games run and look.

If you end up able to afford it, go with an ATI Radeon 9800 with 128 MB RAM on it at least. Aside from that, be sure to have around 512 to 1024 MB (more RAM always helps everything) of DDR SDRAM, as well as a sturdy CPU (Hyperthreading would be nice...but I haven't heard that it actually helps that much). Be sure the hard drive has a speed of at least 7200 RPM, not a 5400. As for the Mainboard, be sure to get some sort of brandname that will fit into whatever case you get. Oh...and sound card should also be brand name, not integrated into the mainboard. Soundblaster is typically good. Again, if your budget allows it, you can go with a sound card with 5.1 (that only applies if you are ever going to use it). Good luck.

If you are going to be playing counter-stuff you wont need much of a comp to run it, if thats the main game you will be playing, i suggest dont spend too much, my 1.2@1.4 athlon with a gf4mx runs it flawless at highest res...

also, where abouts are you, i got my system for a pretty good price at gamedude which is in QLD.

thanx everyone....
Ox:
i know sumtin like ur comp would run it 100% properly but since im going to another country and we only have to pay one third the price, why not go for sumtin that is really good like a 3.? ?
that'll last me a while....not like the s**t comp i got now that my parents paid $2500 in 1999 which came with a celeron 300 mhz and 60mb of ram...look how long it lasted us.......
one question everyone:
what specific graphics card should i get...im looking for a radeon.
my friend got a 64mb Radeon 9600 for only $80 brand new !

is it just me or is that bad math? did you factor in currency conversion? just because a dollar is worth more in your country does mean the parts will be cheaper in argentina, if it really was 3X cheaper don't you think someone would have made money off this already?

hey sorry i didn't think...posted it in a hurry. i meant that if the parts are gonna be cheaper there (ive talked to people there and they told me some of the prices) and we DON'T have to pay as much because of the DOLLAR difference why not take advantage of it...
btw...next time u think s*** like that...dont post it keep it to urself :):):):)

Listen dude, altho it may be tempting to spend your money in argetina, thery might not have the same consumer protection laws as australia, also their economy is very hard up at the moment and they might not stock decnet high end components.

ok...i think ive come up with a computer.....thanx for all ur help but i need 1 more thing....if i was to buy the following:
PROCESSOR: AMD Athlon XP3200 2200MHz (400)
MEMORY: 1Gb PC3200 DDR400 Kingston Twin Kit
HARD DRIVE: 80Gb 7200rpm Westerndigital 800JB 8Mb (wot does the 800JB mean? sorry im a noob)
CD DRIVE: I'll find one...you don't need to be expert for that.
GFX CARD: 256Mb Gecube ATI Radeon 9600Pro
plus....FDD and cd burner and case with 350w power supply.
if i was to buy all that...wot motherboard would i have to get and around how much would it cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom