i need a new computer, help me please , i dotn know much about the specs , I want ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirtis_mcleskey

Baseband Member
I called my computer place and they told me with a computer that
has a pentium 4 processor , and an 80 gig hardrive is $1000 bucks

ive asked several on the internet and they haev all told me that this is too much for a 80 gig hardrive, some have told me for $1000 to expect at least 160 gigs or more.

this is what I will be using it for

downloading music, videos

and I DO make backups of my dvds, as we have little brothers and sisters who DO damage them.

so I need a system that can hold movies on it and burn and be able to handle all of this

right now my burner is at my aunts hosue because our current computer only has 16 gigs of memory and its half used up , so I couldnt install my nec burner at my house and im getting tired of having to go to her h ouse to do all of my stuff

i also watn a computer that doesnt take 10 minutes to start up like my current one does.

can you guys help me with something

I would like eto spend under $1000.
and i would like for it to be capable and handle well , the stuff I mentioned I want to do with it.

right now im looking at bestbuy ect.

but i dotn know wht this stuff means wh en it says idee 2 channels ect.

i was hoping you guys could help me out and pinpoint out a few on the net i can get that would suit my needs

i want a desktop not a laptop

thanks guys

and please help

well i could build it i guess, but , im telling you guys , all i know about computers, is how to surf the web, burn a movie, download music, and maybe look up how many gigs i have

so am definatly a vegtable when it comes to computers or at least as far as building one

is it complicated

and this will burn movies, ect and run fast enoutht for everythign i will want to do

so am i correct 80 gig hardrive and monitor keyboard for $1000 too high ?

you built yours with NO KNOWLEDGE, i mean im smart with computers, but when it comes to looking on the insides of them lol , wewh im blown away ,

i guess if you did it without any knowled i could do it without any to

but say if soemthign goes wrong with it , can I still get a computer place to work on it if somethign happens ? ? ?

this will burn dvd's and will be a quite fast system
the only ok part of that build is the gfx card
i only got what youd need to do basic gaming stuff
warcraft 3, command and conquer
so dont expect it to run doom 3 looking great

it has a 250gig hard drive
and a 3 ghz p-4
this is just for a tower though no keyboard mouse speakers monitor

if all you do is download some illegal P2P program and randomly type in songs that you want and download them illegally and laugh at everyone who's not doing it then you're just a dumbass like the millions of other people that do it and think they're smart with computers

also, the price of a computer isn't hard drive dependant; i could probably give you a computer build with at least a 400GB hard drive for like $750 (once i have time i'll do it)

im not sure guys , im not downloading it illegally , i have itunes.

but , im not sure on building it myself , i can use the monitor , speakers, and keyboard from this computer,

but im 21 and just have 4 grand in the bank and i dont feel like spending all this money to come to fidn out in the long run that I wont be able to do it.

can any of you give links to computers that already are built on the net for a good price,

i may still build im not sure , i dont feel to easy about it

I would take the time to look on the inside of a computer and learn a thing or two. Its not brain surgery. It's basically all connect the dots.

To answer the question of $1G... no, def not worth the quote. Who gave you the quote anyway, futureshop? heh

Do your research with prices and building. Not hard

Cheers-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom