HDD LED not working...

Status
Not open for further replies.

quiet_rush

Baseband Member
Hello everyone :)
I have a little problem with my orange LED that's suppose to indicate when my HDD is working (it's not a big problem but if I can fix it it would be cool)
my mobo is an Asus AV8 Deluxe, a SATA HDD (which I suspect is the reason why it doesn't work), my case is the Sonata Antec

I tried plugging the HDD LED wire in different spots around where the 5 pin speakers and the power swith and led wires connect but it didn't work..
Anyone know where it should be plugged?

Thanks.
Fred

It doesn't matter if it's a SATA HDD, it should work. From looking at the .pdf manual from the Antec website it seems like there is one single ribbon cable that has a few frontpanel connectors on it. One of which includes the HDD LED. Is this right?

Also there was a mention of a 4 pin molex connecter to power the LED lights? Have you connected that?

I would check the ASUS website and take a look at the pin layout for the front panel power/LED's make sure you are connecting them in the correct place. I'm sure you've done this already though. Just keep playing around with it.

thanks..
turns out antec put the label on the wrong side of the 2 pin wire for the HDD LED (or then it's the only one that goes with the label facing the inside of the pin set...._

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom