Modem/Router Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

integra

Solid State Member
Hi all.

I have a Linksys Modem/Router which I've been using in my home network for the past 3 or 4 months.

All of a sudden it has just stopped working. This is weird cos I've been using it for 4 months with no problems and all of a sudden it just stopped working.

It's not even as if I changed anything, I was just browsing the net when everything came to a halt.

I'm using Win XP. Any ideas?

:) Hi

I do not think it is more of a problem with your o.s. or the modem itself. It maybe because of sudden shock of electricity. Usually modem goes down pretty quickly.

If you still have the warrenty. I strongly suggest you to change your modem. It is also good not to use your modem during any bad weathers, etc..

Hope that helps.
-Tom-

Wait though....a few questions...
When you say modem/router, what make/model are you referring to?
Cable or DSL?
Is it not turning on? Is it turning on but not functioning properly?

-Michael

a power supply on a machine on my network burnt out card and messed up our dsl modem. i had to call up verizon tech support who treated my like a complete moron until finally they got a techie to reset our connection.

it seems the power supply made the connection at the isp end go out of synch with our end. stupid verizon tech support... and the whole time they were yelling at me through the troubleshooting. i have been traumatized for life. :)

I recommend unpluging the power from the wall and leave it for 2 min, if you have a switch or internet modem, unplug those too, wait 2 min and plug the router back in, then the switch, then the internet. Like someone else posted, it just may be out of sync because of interference fomr someones cell phone, or wheather, or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom