scanner and camera wizard, XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

jet

Beta member
I have a Minolta Dimage X digital camera that works flawlessly with my Windows XP system. My brother has the exact same camera and Windows XP. When he plugs in his camera his computer acknowledges it, but will not run the XP scanner and camera wizard. We have tried going to "My Comptuer" and right clicking on properties for the "removable disk" drive when his camera is plugged in and even though we can get to the "Auto Play" tab with no problem, the "scanner and camera" wizard will still not engage when manually selected. Any help?

Delete the camera from the device manager. Shut down the computer. Plug in the camera. Now turn it back on. That should prompt you to reinstall drivers for it, at which point the wizard should kick in.

XP Scanner and Camera wizard

Like many, have been trying to find the answer to the disappearance of the wizard, one suggestion I found was that Real Player causes the problem . I deleted RP and voila, the wizard is back..

Will carefully re install Real Player if I need it...

I am having this problem also. IT IS NOT AN AUTOPLAY PROBLEM. Also has nothing to do with real player in this case (real player is not installed). The scanner and camera wizard only detects the scanner when brought up manually and nothing else. This happens after updates from Micro$oft, not just sp2, and in the past has only been solved by a reload of XP. I would prefer to fix this instead of reloading. Related problems incude inability to install games and some programs are also unable to run.
Perhaps a WIA service problem? Twain? Obscure .dll or registry key? Any help would be appreciated.
Dan

Re: XP Scanner and Camera wizard

daveyh said:
Like many, have been trying to find the answer to the disappearance of the wizard, one suggestion I found was that Real Player causes the problem . I deleted RP and voila, the wizard is back..

Will carefully re install Real Player if I need it...

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU,, UNINSTALLING REAL PLAYER DID IT!!!!! YEAH!!!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom