Help me decide on memory!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I know my WCS proect is no money option, and that is kind of the same with my RAM. I really can only justify spending $200 on a single part, and the LA's are $280. You are right, I am NOT doing any moderate OC's. I'm going all out upp in here. All I have left to get is my RAM and PSU. After than, I need a rad and pump and waterblock and I can start to assemble my comp! It sucks, I've had a 6600GT setting on my god damn floor for the past month, waiting to be used.

I'm prolly gonna ask this question over at XS, but I'll try it here first. I think the Nubi could answer it for me. ;) Your name always makes me laugh. You are one of the most knowledgable people here and I call you Nubi. HA! No, but seriously, I saw a picture of a guy who had water clamps that covered an individual stick of ram. Had the in and the out for the h2o, and I would use one for all rams. Know wherer I can get one? Dont tell me it's not nessecary. I know it's not, but I wil want that shit! I like buying things for my computer that arent necessary.

Oh yeah, I also think I have decided to save for the G Skill LA's or those Patriots Codeine recommended. Not sure yet, will make the final decision when I have the money to buy them. I just bought a new dvd burner (DUAL LAYER!!!!!!!!) so I gotta wait till my NEXT paycheck till i can buy more stuff. Sucks, buying computer partrs paycheck to paycheck. :p

Those water blocks for the ram that you saw on XS where made by himself. he thought it would work and be better so he made his own to find out it actually does work.

not only is the water cooling of RAM not necessary, it's completely pointless as well.....it'll do nothing but kill flow and performance for your other water blocks.......and yeah like PP said the guy made them.......I believe there are some custom ones somewhere on the net.

Still...if I had an iwaki those things would look damn sexy. :p

Rev2s are an absolutely steal right, like 170 bucks and you're guranteed at least 250Mhz outta 'em. I agree G.Skills are good but for the price of the Rev2s you can't go wrong.

Whatever the case, the water things are super cool. I would just get a mighty big pump to compensate for them. It would still be cool to have, and it's not like it would make things worse. I'll look for them, but they're not imperative. Might as well throw a fan ontop of them.

It's down to the G Skill LAs or the Plat Rev 2's. Too bad there is a $100 difference that is really the deciding factor.

and it's not like it would make things worse
, it DOES make things worse.......adding more things in the line = just one more thing the water has to squeeze through. If you want top knotch OC's, you wouldn't be wasting time water cooling RAM or even chipsets for that matter.

That would make is worse, would also make the cycle of the water revolution decrease. So it carrys the heat it has inherited from your hardware ever longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom