Components for Gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

neoDS

Solid State Member
Im building a PC especially for gaming. Everyone atleast seems to know what there talking about so I am asking if you think these components are powerfull enough and compatible to play high production quality games such as Half Life 2 and Far Cry. If the component is not listed then it is already taken care off.(Video cards and everything else are compatible with chosen motherboard)

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ / 512KB Cache / 2000 MHz FSB / Socket 939 / Processor with Fan

Asus A8N SLI Deluxe nVidia Socket 939 Motherboard / PCI Express / Audio / Dual Gigabit LAN / Serial ATA / Dual RAID / USB 2.0 & Firewire

Corsair TWINX Dual Channel 1024MB PC3200 DDR 400MHz Memory(2x512MB)

Western Digital / Caviar SE / 200GB / 7200 / 8MB / SATA-150 / OEM / Hard Drive

Also the answer is most likely no, but will this be able to handle the next generation of games such as Gears of Wars, Quake 4, and games using the Unreal Engine 3?

Your processor is fine. What core are you getting though? The biggest computer component that determines gaming performance is your GPU. Also, your board is SLI, will you be using dual video cards?

now im new to all this so what does it mean when it my motherboard is SLI?

also what do you mean by what core are you getting at? i dont really know what a core is

THe processor comes with a name. Like the amd athlon 64 venice 3000+ or the amd athlon 64 winchester 3000+. Venice and Winchester are the different cores.

it is a winchester...still what does a core really do? and what does SLI mean?

SLI means that you can run two PCI video cards at once for better performance.

The core is what makes the cpu: its the manufactoring process, the instruction sets, etc. Like having two of the same car, just from different years: one may be better then the other in some aspects, buts still the same basic thing.

Venices overclocks (forcing the CPU to operate faster then its meant too) better then Winchester, and Winchester is better then Newcastle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom