athlon 2500 runnin hott with 3400 cooler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

burned-ati

Banned
ok i got a athlon xp 2500 with a copper athlon3400 ultra cooler on it.. and it runs at 54c idle thats 128f i got the perfect amount of thermal gel on it which is about the size of a rice grain. this cpu runs the same temps as it did with the stock cooler the cpu is not even 6 months old my case has 5 fans in it so its all cool in there just any clue why my cpu is so hot guys???

you don't put a rice grain drop on the XP's......you're supposed to spread a thin layer on the core itself.......it's only on the AMD64s that have heatspreaders that you do that.

Also, keep in mind that with this warm weather, it won't run as cool as it would in the winter time.

Assuming he doesn't live in australia......in which it IS winter there.....and since he doesn't state where he lives....and considering theres people all over the world here...you cant assume he lives in the US or basically necessarily the northern hemisphere.

ok i live in usa northcarolina and yea it is kinda hot here but i dont have my computer outside lol well i didnt put a rice grain amount i made sure it was spread out even so now what did i do wrong

ok well i didnt just put a drop of thermal gel i did make sure it was perfectly layered on it and im in the usa in NC yes its a bit hott but i am inside lol ive heard of xp3200 with stock coolers running at like 44c in a pc with 1 case fan...... so anyclue these temps are killing my game performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom