Is this all compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everfything will work. I would see if you could order that case withot the PSU and buy that seperate, as you would prolly get a better one if yu buy it and you are also guaranteed to get the 24 pin if you get the right one.

Go with Wayniac, and get the TwinMOS. Are you going to overclock? I imagine you wouldnt. Look into Kingston as well, they make some good stuff.

A case is a case is a case. It's all down to personal preference. Do you like it? Do you think its too big or not big enough or just right? Thermaltake makes some good PSU's but I bet the on that you would get with that case would be rather crappy. If you can,go to compusa to buy the case, alot of times it's cheaper and you dont hae to pay to ship it.

Everything else is good. You dont even NEED cable ties, so that ones that yu end up gettng wont matter who makes them. Go to Home Depot and get like 100 of them for $2.

I also bought a 20 pin to 24 pin converter just in case of the scenerio I listed above - it was only $8 altogether so it's worth it and not worth the hassle.

Dont use that. Return it, you should never use those. The mobo gets underpowerd in the case of this. MAke sure you get a psu that fits it, thats all. Most new ones will, but they will also tell you if they are 24 pin or 20 pin.

Your fans are fine, just make sure you get ball bearings and not sleeve fans, they last longer. Make sure you have one in the front for intake, and one in the back for exhaust. You dont necessarily need the Zalman, because I expect you are not overclocking. You can get it, and get some lower temps and possible more stabilibty. It's really up to you. Whatever the case, buy some Arctic Silver 5 from new egg (just search for it, dont get the porcelin compund. That is permanent) and dont use the crap that is on the bottom of the stock heatsink. Pick that off and apply about a rice grain size amount of compound in the middle of the cpu.

For the CD rom, dont get a crappy no name one. Mine just died, and I havent had it very long. Get an HP or Sony, or like name brands.
They always work well.

Good luck with the build, if you have any questions just ask.
-Bones

Wow Thanks! I cant' seem to find where it says (if it's even there...) if the PSU is 20 or 24 pin, as the mobo is 24 pin right?

That case would come with a 20 Pin PSU only. Get a case with out a PSU and buy a good OCZ Powerstream 520w or something :D

Otherways that system is perfect, just the PSU needs to be 24Pin.
RAM is fine for a everyday use system.

MasterJason said:
Also rather get the ASUS 6600GT Why : Bettercooling.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814121178

Do not get the ASUS, they do not make good gfx cards. Who cares about cooling, the efficeiency of the card is what matters. XFX has an extremely good cooling block on it, stock. But trust me, dont get the ASUS. My eVGA has the same cooler.

http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/power_management/ocz_powerstream_power_supply
That would work perfect. Very reputable brand, also has a 24 pin connector.

But wouldn't it be more cost effective to just use the all-in-one thermaltake case with PSU and fans and use a 20-24 pin converter, rather than buy the PSU and case seperately? I am just a few bucks under my budget and a seperate PSU and case would not be cheaper than the thermaltake.

May be more cost effective, but will be crappy. Dont cheap out on stuff, youwill end up regretting it. It may not be cheaper, but is more than worth it. Do NOT get that adapter! Under all circumstances, dont get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom