About bare bones systems...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Celerons are kinda ghey, i work in a high street computer retailer in the uk, 'where in the world....' is the only clue im gonna give u hehe.

We sell these lame machines called emachines, and tbh they are teh suck, and guess what they all come with celerons, Durons are chepaer athlons are faster, but not that much more expensive. so get an amd board, and ditch the damn celery and get some decent parts

if you have the money get a P4 with Ht and 800 Mhz bus, but if you are like alot of ppl, get an Athlon XP, as amd is cheaper, the boards are cheaper too. Like they said, you can save alot of money buy building it urself. i had a celeron for awhile, and lemme tell ya, IT SUCKS!!!!! even for stuff like surfing the net, it sucked. you do not want a duron or a celeron, they are worthless. Borgmeister, i had an emachines, and yes they do suck, lol.

It is much better to have a high bus speed.
I am runnning a Celeron with a 100mhz Bus
and it slows everything down.

But it is possible to get high performence with a slower bus. I have made that piece of crap do all sorts of fun things.

I managed to get my 52x32x52x burner to burn a 700mb CD in 2:30 which is not too shabby. (as opposed to the 10min time I used to get with the same burner)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom