Best Radeon X800XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
beedubaya said:
To you, anybody that doesn't worship the ATI X800 series is an Nvidia "fanboy." :eek:
No, more like anybody that comes into this thread and starts ranting about how nvidia is so much better and stating their opinions as facts when the poster didn't even ask for such a stupid debate.

Dale, fact is that nVidia has the upper hand right now. We are offering our facts, not just opinions. Without SM3 you have to play in DX8 and a lot of games performance is hurt by that. Thank you for posting what you see as the best and I have to agree that those are the two best X800's but others are just helping him out.

My suggestion to no_Wedge is to get a 6800GT but if you would like to still get an ATI go with what Dale said.

-Ryan

we're not saying "Nvidia" is better, we're saying the 6800 GT is better than the X800 XL.
that's not an opinion, that's a fact.
they have PS 3.0, better OpenGL performance, higher overclockability, for only up to about $50 more (the card I posted is $20 more)
most of us prefer ATI 9000 series cards over Geforce FX's also. we're not biased like you think, we actually look at the facts and decide on them.

the only fanboy is you, dale. you are an ATI fanboy.

Everyone, be silent, and answer his question.

Anyway.... Sapphire, simply because I hear good things. Havnt owned an ATI since my Rae days.

if I were to go for an X800, Sapphire would be the one to get
however, I would still recommend the 6800 GT over the X800 XL (and don't start with the fanboy crap)

interesting stuff here.
I have already bought a powercooler X800
Did that coz of the price.

But i cant seem to find what u gus are talking about in the specs either on the x800 or the 6800 gt.

if it is there. pleas help me. so i cane se it in the spec next time ill buy a card.

Coz for me the x800 and 6800 GT on spec. (sales web)
looks like "the same card"

I just have to clarify that PS3 is a DX9.0c instruction, if you don't have a GPU equipped with this instruction you can still run games in DX9.0b. I'm interested in seeing where you've read that without this instruction on your GPU it loses all DX9 compatibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom