>:( Startup Sh**t!!! ):<

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATIRAGEPRO

Daemon Poster
I have with me, the most retarded startup problem in the history of mankind. Recently i was reformatting a partition, (DRIVE C: ) and updating the file system to NTFS. After that was complete, i happened to restart the computer only to find out that a *** DAMN STARTUP FILE WAS MISSING! (NLTDR or something.)

The thing is, this would make sense (And i would look like a complete idiot) if my startup drive wer actually the drive i reformatted, but it isn't!! My startup drive was D:!!

WTF is going on here? :mad: :cool:

replaced the NTLDR file with a good one. Boot up from the XP disc assuming you have XP and at the first screen chose option "R" to enter the recovery console then you can get a good copy of the fie off the XP disc and move it to the hard drive.

"Ultimate sadness..."

I have windows 2000 pro. It's telling me that that file is missing :( hehe I just can't start up with the disk at all. Is there any way i can get a win2000 floppy to start up with?:cool:

"I done fixdid it..."

I fixed it. I used my moms computer (eMachine with XP) to completeley erase everything in both HD's And after i did all that, i tried to do an install from my win2000 disk, and it tells me "ALL functions on this disk will be disabled." So i wen't browsing through the disk hoping to find something, and there it was. the "BOOTDISK" folder!!! :mad: So i made the bootdisk floppies from the programs in the folder, and i was able to do a clean install from my own computer.

Thanks anyways! ;) :cool:

ok simple fix. go download knoppix or slax. live linux distros with network support/gui and all that good stuff. They boot right into ram so just boot with it, then download or copy that file from another computer then just place it in the right dir....NEVER UPGRADE UNLESS YOU REALLY HAVE TO! :)

note, if you reboot your machine without the linux distro in there everything will be fine. these distros dont touch the preexisting file sys.

"miiiinnd...."

I've never even installed Linux. All i did was accidentaly leave the FreeBSD disk inside the comp. :( I guess that's what happened. :eek: :cool:

I'll just give you what I did. Just reinstall. I had the same exact error. I just reinstalled again, 20 minutes later I was all set.

-SkyHi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom