6800GT brand?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im looking at leadtek righ tnow cause it has an all copper heatsink and i like copper. then again i like evgas step up program, but i dont know how that worx so hmmm. both are good brands BTW

You can step up if you buy a eVGA 6600gt, you then have the option of sending your 6600gt back when you want to upgrade to a eVGA 6800gt. You just pay the diffrence between the 6600GT and The 6800GT.I'm pretty sure thats how it works...Nubius did it a while back,ask him.

mathfreq- it seems you can't go wrong with Ledtech, eVGA, or chaintech. I own a XFX 6600gt and absolutely LOVE IT!!! The thing O.C's great and i've never had any trouble with it....BUT it seems everyone craps all over it in these fourms when anyone asks. Don't believe the HYPE!!! The best thing to do is to take the recommendations you have been given and then do some research on the internet (google it) and check out some other computer fourms and see what they have to say. Good time on buying the 6600gt's because prices have dropped the past little while.

You can step up if you buy a eVGA 6600gt, you then have the option of sending your 6600gt back when you want to upgrade to a eVGA 6800gt. You just pay the diffrence between the 6600GT and The 6800GT.I'm pretty sure thats how it works...Nubius did it a while back,ask him.
Yeah you got it correct.....of course at this point the AGP cards are down to like $330....I haven't checked in a while, but I wouldn't doubt it if eVGA still had it marked at a much higher price...when they were like $370 or $380 eVGA still had it at $399

The things about XFX isn't just hype...I don't know how it is now, but in the beginning especially they sent out a LOT of really shitty cards that died very quickly or was simply DOA......just because you have one that works doesn't make it great...it's the accumulative total of cards that are sent out and work great that is the true test of good quality manufacturers......can't say I've heard of many people griping about their eVGA or leadteks dying or being DOA whereas I've heard LOTS with the XFX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom