Help me decide on memory!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you say that the Rev 2's are better than the other G Skills or the Patriot or GeIL?

For OC, i would get G Skill LA's, Patriot Extreme Performance XBLK, and OCZ Platinum Rev2. Those are your best choices.

the heatspreaders that generally suck are the ones that come with RAM....it uses crappy thermal tape and in some instances can act more like a blanket than it does at actually cooling it down........removing the heatspreaders, or placing a fan blowing directly on them remedies this pretty easily......however I tried removing the heatspreader from my patriot and I gave up after spending 20 minutes and only getting 1 of 2 clips off the first heatspreader..

G.Skill LA's for sure, or OCZ Platinum Rev2s which are like $180 or so now I believe.......yeah it's expensive, but tis the path of the 1337 OC'ers........not only that but you got a thread at XS saying "money is no object" for the water cooling so why should this be any different :p no point in going extreme on water cooling if you don't have extreme parts

Thats the way i think of it Nubius. Thats why i went all out and got hella 120mm fans, which makes my system sound like a vacuum. For good cooling, theirs always a sacrifice. Which is money, same with good hardware. Either way if you want real results, you have to bite the bullet. Oh yeah Nubius, hop on MSN today. I finished my WCS setup idea.

But Him, those three RAM types i listed. Are your best choices for OC. Nothing else should be considered, just like boards. DFI, MSI, and Abit. If your doing moderate OC, OCZ Platinum or EL works good. Although you dont sound like your doing ''MODERATE'' OC lol.

Lol i dont think you can remove heatspreaders allready added onto the OCZ ram, i tryed and didnt wanna break the stick in half.... Thats some strong crap they use. Anyways i never got my HTT above 215 with out my system going completly unstable where with my cheaper crap ram got it to 250 on a 1/1 ratio :-\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom