Audio Upgrade with $200

Status
Not open for further replies.
wee... 50 posts already!! ...i would say you get the Logitech THX 5.1... i didn't read through all of these so prob. some1 already said that.. srry

P.P. Mguire said:
i agree w/ alot of what everybody is saying. And that little coment on google (senseless) im gonna use against you. why dont you use google to find out what all those capacitors do?

Lol, I was being sarcastic. I know what they do =) My logic behid the whole thing is that... if a 1000$ soundcard doesnt need all those capacitors to make clean quality sound, then why would the audigy? If the design and hardware on the card itself was so hot then other manufactures would be doing the same thing.. When infact if you go look at all the other audio cards in the world you'll see the exact opposite.

it dosent have alot of capacitors but i would have to say that it has alot more user interface stuff on it than the M-Audio. that and i just realized, whats it matter if it does or dosent?

Senseless doesn't know what he's talking about, he's just trying to find everything wrong with Creative, even things that aren't true...

Oh and about the user interface stuff, you can disable a lot of that crap. Anyone who has experience with creative should know their drivers are a little bit bloated. You should disable the things you don't need.
I'm only running one process from Creative and that is CTSVCCDA.EXE which is using only 916K memory and 0% cpu usage (better than the m-audio eh senseless?). All the other things you shouldn't need really for basic usage.

hmm i have CMESys.exe 7,876k, CTHELPER.EXE 2,848k, CTsvcCDA.EXE 1076k, (not so sure about this one though) csrss.exe 3,092k ye ai have alot of creative crap loaded so how do i get it out?

Isn't csrss.exe a regular windows system process? I don't think that has anything to do with creative. CTHELPER you definitely do not need. Type msconfig in the run box and uncheck it. I don't have CMESys.exe on my computer anywhere. Try disabling that too, and if you lose some functionality turn it back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom