Headphones : I need some recommendations, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would he get stereo headphones? A barely noticeable increase in quality for twice the price and he won't hardly be able to locate enemies because you are only working with two directions.

Ya, but the turtle beach ones are more expensive because they have a real, working subwoofer. Here is a really good review of it:
http://hardware.gamespot.com/Story-ST-17519-1964-4-7-x
The only real potential issues they have is that they don't work without being plugged into their power supply, and that they might be a little tight if you have a big head.

I use a Plantronics DSP-500 headset, they only cost about 50 dollars and I love it. It's perfect for first person shooters, I get accused of wallhacking because I can use this headset to track people though walls! The microphone is also very crisp and clear, cancels out all ambient noise. I've used Talk in AIM and Teamspeak and people said they noticed a big difference from my old headset. They said it was better then phone quality :)

yes, those 5.1/7.1 phones might be better for gaming, but for anything else they sound horrid (i.e. music sounds like crap)

003 said:
Ya, but the turtle beach ones are more expensive because they have a real, working subwoofer. Here is a really good review of it:
http://hardware.gamespot.com/Story-ST-17519-1964-4-7-x
The only real potential issues they have is that they don't work without being plugged into their power supply, and that they might be a little tight if you have a big head.
Wow they have a subwoofer, big deal. The zalman's have a subwoofer too. So do the Kinyos. That is what the .1 means. 5.1 Zalman headphones have 5 channels plus the .1 which is the subwoofer. And I don't know why the hell you need a power plug on those things. When I crank my zalman's up I can hear them across the house and they don't need a power plug.

Right from zalman's website:

"* What is 5.1 channel ?

5.1 channel system is composed of six speakers, front right and left, a center, rear right and left, and a sub-woofer for a Low Frequency Effect(LFE). ".1" refers to the subwoofer"

So all of these 5.1 headphones we are mentioning, they all have subwoofers. Perhaps they might not have as powerful of a subwoofer as do the turtles but they certaintly do have them.

In that review you linked too:
"We plunked the Ear Force HPA onto our heads to see how they fit, and were surprised to learn that the headset has no form of manual comfort adjustment. Instead, Turtle Beach constructed the headset with two rigid rods that flex to accommodate your head. An automatically adjusting suede-like headband rests atop your head to provide comfort. We found that the tension of the rigid rods translated into a slight amount of pressure on the side of our heads, larger heads will of course feel this sensation far more acutely. "

I don't much like the sound of that. :\

And lol @ the bright blue led thing, they suggest taping it over, that's just frickin stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom