XP Pricing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's possible that they never updated their lists after price drops. I'd buy it from a store though. If I'm not mistaking XP Pro at a store is $100. And home is $50 I think.

Shawn I respect you but I seriously hope you use Linux then. You cannot buy Media Center legally from a store as it needs to meet certain hardware specifications from Microsoft. Normally to get media center it must come pre built to meet the specifications if I'm not mistaken.

I'd say its for real but I'd go and do some Legwork on my own and actually buy it from a person/retailer/store, not online. Some online retailers are fishy

Jake

Tyler1989 said:
Shawn I respect you but I seriously hope you use Linux then. You cannot buy Media Center legally from a store as it needs to meet certain hardware specifications from Microsoft. Normally to get media center it must come pre built to meet the specifications if I'm not mistaken.

I bought MCE 2005 for 130.00. you can also buy the TV tuners too. I paid 79.00 for an nvidia NVTV hardware encoder that only work on MCE. My Amd 3500 processor 500 gig drives 1gig ram is a machine that I personally built. you are mistaking it for MCE 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom