Been away for a while, Venice/San Diego?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slvrstang

Daemon Poster
So what is the difference between the new cores, such as Clawhammer, Newcastle, Venice, San Diego. My buddy wants me to build him up a decent PC and I haven't been in the community much lately and I haven't heard any news on the new cores.

venice are the latest revisions which have added SSE3 instructions.......San diego = 1mb of L2 cache, venice = 512kb L2 cache, but other than that they are basically identicle......they are also beastly overclockers, way much more than the winchesters.......if you're gonna build a new comp then you need to stick to san diego or venice.

I'd go with San Diego, but it is a bit more expensive. If you're asking which is better, then the answer is San Diego I do believe.

not really......because there are expensive venices like the 3800+....so then if you got a 3500+ san diego I'm sure it'd be around the same price or cheaper.......might only be a 3700+ diego, can't remember off hand......but yeah compared to like....a 3200+ it can be.....infact I believe 4000+ san diego is $489 while a 3200+ venice is $200

I have a 4000+ San Diego, had to dig into the pockets a bit deeper but it is VERY nice, speeds are crazy and SSE3 instructions you can tell the difference.

-Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom