Firefox fans too frumpy for Beautifulpeople.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Firefox fans too frumpy for Beautifulpeople.net

Elitist online dating website Beautifulpeople.net is excluding Firefox users. Alternative browser users report being given the cold shoulder by the site, which prides itself on only allowing pretty people (as voted by its existing members) to join.

Attempting to view beautifulpeople.net using Firefox (7 million users and counting) results in the following terse message:

BeautifulPeople.net is only supported by Internet Explorer. You are currently using version: Netscape 5.0. To be able to use. BeautifulPeople you need to update to a newer version of Internet Explorer.
Charming. As reader Hamish put it "If you browse with Firefox - you're Ug-lair, baybee!" Don't these people know smart is sexy. Using a browser that is less susceptible to spyware infection is surely no bad thing.

It's ****** stupid, Although I have run into other sites that don't support firefox.

My opinion is if these sites are going to exclude people just because they are using A different Web browser than they are not worth veiwing Period!

Jake

ever occur to you that they make money off the spyware/adware? It makes sence for them to want to get rid of firefox, its their right to exclude firefox users from veiwing there content. Let them, any site that would ban firefox is probably spreading spyware/adware, which is a horid practice, and hence you shouldn't want what ever service they are trying to sell. Great I encourage them to do so, it will make them that easier to be singled out.

'they are not worth veiwing ' well put.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom