X800 series - classic case of TF 'group think'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
LMFAO:
"The programs are written in either the native assembly language of the card or in a high-level shader language like the aptly named High Level Shader Language. "

I know a lot of u fellas always recommend the 6800 GT over the X800 XL for example.. My question to u is, how many of you guys have actually "seen" both of these cards in action..
Hmmmmmm.....I have a 6800GT and my friend has an X800XL.......guess that qualifies me for have having "seen" it in action eh? They perform almost par with each other.....the 6800GT in most part barely squeaks out past it, but that's not the case in EVERY single game......however, it doesn't take much of an OC at all for the 6800GT to easily surpass that card.........still though the X800XL is a good card for how cheap it is.

Nubius said:
guess that qualifies me for have having "seen" it in action eh? ........still though the X800XL is a good card for how cheap it is.

lol yeah man :)..

See, you never hear a lot of people say anything good about the X800 series anymore. Like you did here somewhat.. Ok ok, you didn't heap phrase on the X800, but it's more than what a lot of the other people would say.. :)

Typically, if someone says anything "good" about ATI, they are just labelled as "fanboys" by a whole mass of people.. They make it sound like they feel very strongly about it - even though they might not have actually "seen" it for themselves.. :confused:

I don't dislike ATI at all, I go by how a particular card performs, not the brand itself.
the 9000 series owned the GF FX series
and the 6000 series is now ahead of the Radeon X series, although not by much.

PS 3.0, higher overclockability, and better OpenGL performance while getting about the same Direct3D performance is what puts them ahead. if ATI had PS 3.0, I wouldn't mind getting one. in fact I'm interested to know how their new cards will measure up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom