cpu overheats

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a service tech myself and u won't believe how many heat related problems (noisy system, system shut down with no reason) recently.....

to be honest, there is a very little u can do with a 40C temperature around. for example, I got a service call today from a elementary school, and not only the computer lab, but the main office (I guess the whole building) don't even have AC >< so you can imagine how noisy the CPU fan is no matter what replacement I give it :-(

my suggestion is use the system in a AC environment or in the basement (mine is pretty cold, especially with AC on in the house)

of course a better CPU fan, more circulation case, big heatsink will help a bit, but not a lot I am afraid with hot air around the PC... especially if you are overclocking....

well, maybe it is just those school .... I hope so.

My schools are always breaking down, even the brand new Lams we got. Of course, they are in the kind of case that is 2.5 inchs wide and stand on the side (Its a desktop PC with a stand so it vertical like a normal tower case. It makes the CD-ROMS (which have horrible tabs for keeping the CD in). They have a fan on the top, side, and back, and our students feel the need to punch in the grills and break the fans. And then the heating problems come around... you can actually visbly see the system slow down compared to one of the computers with function fans. I estimate one lab has about $200 dollars in fan damage (10 computers with 2 fans out each, with $10 fans including shipping). Thank god I'm out of there.

But yah, you really cant use schools as examples, as no one treats PC with any type of respect. The teachers dont know how to use them, and the students are just plan stupid sometimes.

Thank god I'm out. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom