Which Processor is better for gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
beedubaya said:
AMD's have shorter pipelines so they don't need as fast of clock speed to get equal or better performance than the Pentium 4s. Honestly, I think AMD and Intel make great processors. However, AMD does have the edge when it comes to gaming, because of those shorter pipelines. Just look at the benchmarks.

BAM! Owned! :cool:

LOL :p

ok so AMD is better for gaming cause of the shorter pipelines, but then why is Intel better for heavy apps if it has longer pipelines ?
and that means that Intel has more overclocking potential right?

o man, when i got my comp i wanted to buy an AMD 64 but the vendor said it had some bugs. it wouldnt play the sounds while running some games ??
so i got an Intel :( guess I got screwed :p

zeroordie said:
btw Him, might I remind you that you are the proud owner of a Intel p4 :p

guess whe both got screwed :S

HAHA! Yeah, i know i own an Intel. i like my Intel, always have, I have not a problem with it. I'm not a gamer, so I dont really need an AMD. Plus, I'm going to start the extreme overclocking soon, and Intel's can reach far greater clock speeds than AMD can, so thats why at the moment I'm sticking with my intel. I dont think I will be going to AMD anytimne soon, money factor wont let me. :(

I've been using Intel forever, I wasnt turned to it or away from it by anyone. Saame with AMD for me. When did you buy yours? I think that guy was just trying to make some dough off of you, and took your ass for a sucker! What a jerk, go back there and get him fired! :p <~ Used a small p

BTW: When manually typing out the emoticons, use lower case letters in order for them to show up. In the :p face, use a small p instead of a big P. Same everywhere else. ;)

mm i bought my Intel about 2 months ago, and ya i guess that guy wasnt totaly honest, but as you said, my intel is good enough for me, i'm not a fps freak that seeks naught but to have the highest possible fps in hl2.

an thx for the reminder about emoticons :p <== :)

;) Quite welcome

What kiinda cooling you got up in that rig of yours? You got some pretty decent stuff, who makes your memory?

LOL don't laugh at me, but I have stock cooling, which really sucks and is on my urgent replace list. my cpu is getting really hot, as i just returned from a three day lan party at a friends place and my cpu hit 58 degrees celsuis, which is WAY to high, but i simply refuse to bring its fsb down, guess its a question of pride :p

and again dont laugh, but i got some very basic ddr2 ram from micron i beleive. when i got it the timings were horrible, like 7-7-7-15 so i just had to do something :p. added 0.2 volts and its running stable at those timings.

I though about getting water cooling but that shit's expensive! damn.
so i'l just have to settle for a new cpu and gpu fan

zeroordie said:
I though about getting water cooling but that shit's expensive! damn. so i'l just have to settle for a new cpu and gpu fan

It's not that expensive, you can build your own very good system for like $150. Thats not bad, and it would give you some killer low temps. A 400MHz overclock on stock cooling is kinda pushing the envelope, to the brink of ripping. I would at least back off sOMEWHAT. You can always push it back up later. I'm putting together my own watercooling system, but it's going to cost me in the vicinity of $400, but it is going to work so well. From my POV, I guess it's kind of worth it. You can always get a kit for cheap, but they suck. Nothing good comes of a kit. I have the Thermaltake Aquarius II. Yep, 117F at idle. Thats damn hot. When I had my stock cooler on there it was lower! That is some bullshit if you ask me. But that is why I'm upgrading. It has like 1/8" ID and a small 60MM fan on the small radiator which is all connected to the combination copper/aluminum crappy heatsink. But I got it for $20 from my friend, near brand new. And I'm going to sell it to my other friend for a bottle of Kahlua. :D He dosent have water cooling, so it will be perfect for him to get a feeel for it. If you have any questions on water cooling, just ask me. I appear to be one of the only people around here that know alot about cooling systems. Nubius is pretty good with water cooling as well, he can hook you up with some good advice. Now, if you want to talk phase change, I'm your man! ;)

On that note... SHAMELESS PLUG!!!
http://techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57131&highlight=tf+advanced+section

:cyclopes:

mm so here are the facts, i'm 16 and i scrapped and saved for a year just to get 250$ for my comp. the rest my parents paid. so just know that $150 is a considerable amount of money to me, seeing as how i skate as well and boards are expensive too.
So ,i would really apreceate if you could list all the things i need to get to build my own water cooling system. btw i live in dubai (a city in the UAE), which is kind of far from everything even if its growing big and atracting alot of computer stores, so keep in mind that i might not be able to find very specific stuff, so plz list general stuff.
thx again

and btw i think we should start a new thread seeing as how we majorly hijacked this one :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom