Which Processor is better for gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
is an AMD 64 Athlon 3400 Socket 754 good? im not looking for the ultra powerful system, but a good one

HAHA! Is he an Intel fanboy? I havent run into any of his rants aboot that, but I have known him to just come and say the opposite of what everyone else is saying just to be a jerk. Lets see if he does it with this one...

Why does everyone always say that AMD is better for gaming while Intel's p4 run at higher speeds?
I've read it a billion times, AMD all the way for gaming, but I've never heard of why AMD has gotten such a good reputation for gaming.
So before posting that AMD rocks and is the best for gaming while I curently run a p4 OCed to 3.6 (and beleive me it works great), I'd really like to know what makes AMD so good.

AMD's have shorter pipelines so they don't need as fast of clock speed to get equal or better performance than the Pentium 4s. Honestly, I think AMD and Intel make great processors. However, AMD does have the edge when it comes to gaming, because of those shorter pipelines. Just look at the benchmarks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom