sooooooooo Strange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitzy0527

Solid State Member
My computer which has been running horribly for the past 4 months. With lag and CPU usage at 100 and overall slowness But! It will work PERFECTLY on ocassions. This happens about once
every 3 weeks when a Screen pops up when is start my computer.

This black screne with white text says press f1 to start and says something about Bios and Primary and Secondary slaves. Is there anyway I can get this screen to appear at all times so my comp always works good? I'D LOVE YOU so much if you could help :eek:

i think you are talking about the POST, this would be before you see the windows loading screen. that may indicate your hardware is failing, possibly the motherboard. what is the error messge it gives you?

it seems to be either a hardware failure or you have been invaded by a malicious program which is hiding in the background and using up your processer power.

How old is your computer?

Ever consider that possibly your CMOS battery has finally drained?

Its the button battery on the Motherboard,, it is about 5 bucks or 1 buck at the dollar store,,

for this error that is the first thing I would check,,

cheers,

I got my Computer last March

Comp Specs:
Pent 4 2.4ghz
1024 ddr ram
80gb hardrive
XP home
Ti 4200 g4

thats all i know :(

Its jsut that whenever this screen goes up IT MIRACOULSY GOES AWAY and my comp works fine then next time i restart its back to laggy :(

CMOS batteries usually last for a friggin long time I have comps that are over 8+ yrs old and the Batt is still ticking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom