fitting more fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

crward

In Runtime
noob question. will i have to ajust the voltage of my pus to compensate for more fans?
if i do how do i do it?

No, you won't have to adjust the voltage of your psu, however, you need to make sure your psu can handle the additional load. If you have at least a 300Watt power supply, you should be fine. However, without knowing what hardware you have, I cannot be sure.

got a 40ghz+10ghz hdd. geforce 4 ti 4200 gfx card, sb 128 sound card, 3X256 sd ram, the 'toad' dsl modem. and cd-rw dvd drive.

dog dem 40Ghz hard drives be phat yo :) case fans draw such little power, if your system is running stable now, adding a few case fans will not tax the power supply that much. you are looking at roughly 1.5-3 watts each case fan.

If there's not room to put the case fans, then yu'll have to cut more holes. o.o ALl depends on how many fans, My new case that I'm getting on Christmas has twice as many case fans as this one, and I"m modding it to add more, and it has a 550 watt power supply, you'll be cool.

You mean 80mm? Oh, nevermind, lol, you just converted it. DUH!

Yeah, I have a 350 watt power supply, a agp video card, wireless card, xp 1800, 80gb hdd, and 256mb ram. I have 2 case fans currently running, one is in the back and one is on the side, both blowing hot air out. I also have a fan in my power supply and on my heatsink, I have no problems yet. I'm sure that if I was going to start using every single one of my PCI slots I would need a bigger power supply, but fans are no problem.

I have 4 80 mm fans a "blower thing" (not sure what to call it), and a hard drive fan all hooked up to my 300 watt psu and i havnt had any problems exept for the fact that my computer makes an enromous amount of noise, it sounds like its going to take off my desk. Adding case fans will not be an issue unless you are already teetering on the limit of your power supply. The only thing you have to worry about is making your computer not sound like a jet engine :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom