Hot Or Not?!??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tang841

Solid State Member
Asus KV8 SE Deluxe
AMD Athlong 64 3400+
XFX GeForce 6600GT 128mb
512 Corsair Valueselect DDR 3200 (does the ram need to be in pairs like 512x2 always or is an odd number ok?)
80 GB Hitachi Serial ATA
Logitech MX510
Samsung 17" Black 12ms Monitor
Thermaltake Tsunami Dream Case 120mmx2 90mm
Ultra 500 Watt X-Connect

Is this a good setup for around $1000 bucks?

Thats not a bad setup. What are you going to be using it for? I would use a better PSU, Ultra is not the best. Go with Antect, Thermaltake, or OCZ. They make some really good stuff. As for the RAM, you would most likely want to keep it in even numbers (512x2) so you can use dual channel. Also, I would maybe change your mobo to a DFI. ASUS isnt too great with AMD, but DFI definetely is the best. Go for a Lanparty NF4, nice board. Change your drive to a Seagate or Western Digital, hitachi isnt too reputable. Also think about going with someone other than Corsair, I dont really dig them. Alot of people do, and the final decision is yours, but I would tell you to go with OCZ or Kingston (only if you are not overclocking) or maybe some TwinMOS.

wow thanks... that was a fast reply lol. i posted this about 20 min ago... yea i was looking at the DFI Lanparty a while ago. I was also wonderin if i got one drive i can make it into 2 partitions? am i using that word right??? and also about how many watts would i need and how would i calculate it?

You are using it correctly, and in the correct context as well. Good work. You can do that when you install Windows. Since you already at least know what you are looking for, the rest should be pretty self explanatory. Any questions, just ask, we're here to help.

wow that was fast too lol. so how do i find out how many watts my psu should be?

It's really the more the better. You would rather be overpowered than underpowered. nowadays, with all the components that draw as much power as they do, 400W sometimes isnt even enough. I know for your card you need a minimum of 350, and with that it will be rather unstable. 500 is perfect, infact OCZ makes a really good 520W that you may want to look at.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817104155

hey thanks a lot u seem to know a TON about computers. nice. thanks agian for helpin me out.

If i were to get a NF4, that would mean i would be able to link 2 vid cards together with SLI right? nf3 just means that u can only put one vid card in right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom