Graphics Card Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

xinef

Beta member
Hey i recently purchased a new graphics card and im just wondering if i have to remove my old graphics card and install the new one in the same slot.

Yeah, what else were you going to do? I mean, you might try to set up dual graphics cards, but for some reason, I don't think that is what you wanted to do.

thanks i jst didnt know if i should put it in a different slot or the one the old graphics card occupied . heh i know its a silly question but im just so happy to have a new card i wanna get it out of the box and into my pc properly and quickly.

unpluggin the old card and pluging a new one back in is the easy part.

if your switching from "ATI" to "nvidia" or vise-versa though... sorting out the posible driver conflicts in windows could be more chalenging if it were to occure.

*note, more newbie info* - if your old card was PCI, and your new one is AGP... The new card will not go into the old slot. it will instead go into the AGP slot if your bourd is equiped with one. All newer bourds are, but some older ones are not.

you will still have to remove your old GFX card though even if thy dont use the same slot, otherwise thy could conflict.

*super newbie info* - o yea, PCI-E graphics cards do not go into normal PCI slots. you would need a new bourd with PCI-E to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom