cpu usage

Status
Not open for further replies.
nope even when limewire isnt connected and running i still have this problem. . ~sighs~ dam this computer problem . . lol ..

okay, I put this in the other thread but will put it here, too. If you are looking at the 'system idle process' in the processes section and the CPU is around 90 - 100%, thats NORMAL. If you are in performance and the CPU usage shows that high constantly, then there is a problem. The system idle process CPU time is basically telling you how much is available. The higher the better (a little more involved than that, but thats the gist of it).

program mem usage
system idle processes 16k
realsched 212k
system 220k
smss 384k
winlogon 1040k
Lsass 1480k
wbload 1652k
IAANTmon 1920k
MsPMSPSv 2156k
wdfmgr 2368k
ati2evxx 2468k
wanmpsvc 2880k
jusched 3916k
alg 3984k
svchost 4232k
svchost 4680k
svchost 4688k
csrss 4692k
svchost 4916k
svchost 4932k
spoolsv 5428k
taskmgr 5736k
aim 6152k
tskmgr 6960k
stopzilla 9332k
SZNTSvc 9692k
realplay 9756k
svchost 21180k
firefox 24488k
explorer 36340k
swdoctor 38408k
limewire 63720k

ugh, no wonder why limewire eats so much. get rid of it, its a java based client. use something like edonkey.

lol thats when the comp is runnin at like 2-10% cpu usage
and if i up ne typew of game BAM!! 100% argh!! slow comp and reboot time. . ~sighs~ will this problem ever end

I think that is normal actually.

I ran FS 2002, which required a 300ish CPU and that required 100% CPU performance, from my AMD 64 3000.

dam lol . .its not like this problem is damaging so i guess ill go on with computing . . but it really buggs me cuz all i can do is single player gaming . . anything online is to lagged out and its not worth trying and or ill b booted for having a slow connection or somthing ~i run cable so thats not really the case~ . . lol i h8t this problem it confuses me so . . ima go talk to the tech guy larry he's our local comp fixer . . and i guess ill trobble shoot around with him . .tyvm 4 all the help guys . . nething eles still would b of hlp so post as u will . .ttyl

Two possibilities:

Most games require extensive hardware support. Getting your main CPU to do all the work will cause it to jump it to 100% usage easily. So check out your video card, etc.. If they should be able to handle it check that the drivers they use are good. If they aren't they will seriously underutilize the hardware.

How much RAM do you have. If you don't have much (minimum 380 MB for games) the computer will spend most of its time paging, which means the CPU is spending more time paging then doing useful work. You can check the page file usage in the task manager. For good performance it should'nt be higher than ~125 MB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom