a true 64 bit processor????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
the Intel's are emulated, however the Athlon 64's are not.
OMFG, can this case be closed for once.

"In a nutshell Intel's EM64T provides exactly the same capabilities for 64-bit operation to the Pentium 4 line that AMD64 gave to the Athlon64."

IT IS THE SAME THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1736

If you fanboys could step back and read on god damn thing before you post would help....

you're accusing me of being a fanboy now.
first off, I hate people who accuse others of being a fanboy.

I prefer Athlon 64's over Pentium 4's, but I prefer Pentium 4's over Athlon XP's. I am not company biased, I look at the facts before I choose a product.

the fact is, Intel's EMT64 is emulated and Athlon 64's X86-64 is not.
I know this, because I DO read up

apokalipse said:
actually, I've seen a review of a beta tester (or alpha possibly) who said that "Longhorn" would not install on a 32-bit CPU. (even Athlon XP's) this might be different for XP 64 though

Can't install Xp Pro X64 on 32bit machines, i done tryed with one of its betas.

Well you think, it seems like one of those common sense things, thats why if you install XP on a 64bit processor, it runs in 32bit mode. I'm supprised they wont have an emulator or something like that for running it on 32bits. Whatever gives them more sales is what I'm thinking.

-Ryan

That makes sense, Microsoft isnt that dumb, they would lose a lot of money if it was only for 64bit.

-Ryan

The Xp Pro X64 is really only made for 64bit machines but can run 32bit aplications, sad thing is if a 32bit program is partly 16bit..... like starcraft..... err i think starcraft has problems with x64....

x64 is only for developers really. You have to understand that, its not ment as a new OS, its just for the software developers to start boaring over their programs.

-Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom