Reactivating Windows XP Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammerhead8370

Beta member
I just updated the driver for my graphics card and restarted my computer for the changes to take effect and when Windows booted up, a message appeared telling me that because I had made a significant change to my hardware I would have to reactivate Windows XP (Home Edition). I clicked YES to reactivate and a window was launched called Activate Windows. There was for a few seconds a blue background within the box and a picture of some keys but then the background turns white with no picture and nothing else happens. All I can do is close the window. I tried leaving it for quite some time while my machine 'thought about it' but still nothing other than the white screen. I am afraid that I will run out of time as it only gives me 3 days to reactivate and I assume I will no longer be able to recieve important updates etc and will have to purchase a new key. Can anybody please give me any suggestions as to how I can enter my legitimate product key?

Let me get this straight you cannot use your CD key more than 3 times on your own system. I bet I used my CD key over five times on my machine due to reformates and switching to linux. Am I at risk of losing my CD key's validation?

I bet you haven't. Can anyone else confirm this? If you use Home or Pro Editions, you got 3 activations. If you use Corporate Version, its unlimited. I use Corporate Version. You got Corporate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom