Insane Case of the year award goes to...

Status
Not open for further replies.
RicoDirenzo not everyone shares your intrest with digital processing on audio signals.

Their's alot of analog folk that just use computer's to record.

????? That is exactly what I was just talking about. The computer is the final destination in modern recording. It's called a DAW. Just a comment about the above references to noisy recording. Not trying to confuse but educate which is, I would suggest, the reason for the Forum. Sheesh!

One final conment...You can build a "buffered" studio...big dollars!!!!! Or you can use a "noiseless" case in open home/small project studios (the case mentioned above) or you can use mastering software. The case would actually be the least expensive alternative and make a great deal of sense for home or small project studios. It may very well be that this company had the the small studio project engineer in mind when they evolved the manufacturing. Enough said!

Him said:
The spinning hum, I'm sorry, but thats ridiculous. Thats not even a thing. Recordings are not picked up from inside the computer, they are picked up by microphones outside of the computer. And there is little to no noise interference with computer parts, they are all very well sheilded.
You can easily extract individual sounds from a recording, and a fan hum would be the utmost of easy to take out. Since tracks are illustrated as sine waves, a fan hum would be a constant straight line, occasionally going up or down. It would be one of the easiest tracks to identify and pull.
And if they can afford that case, they can afford a soundproof room.

1) If you say so..

2) good microphones can pick up a pin drop from 50'

3) There is a lot of noise interference from computers hence why you have to get high quality audio gear in order to make things sound good.

4) You can easily extract individual frequencies.. Who cares if there are music tones on those same frequencies.

5) Go into your bios and watch the fan speed of your cpu fan.. is it at a constant rpm? No, So the sound it creates will not be a constant frequency. This applies to all your computer parts.

6) Rough estimate on an iso booth would be 50k+.. So, spend a couple hundred extra on a fanless system.. or 50k on an iso booth.. hard decision.

I never said this case was worthwhile.. I'm just stating why people use fanless systems.

edit:

RicoDirenzo, thnx for proving my point

Him said:
I am aLL about the truth over here!!!

BTW: Grim, your avatar, has to be the biggest burn on Intel I have ever seen. Good job, excellent job as a matter of fact. Very subtle. :cool:
thank you because I was actually thinking of changing it but I'll just try to make it look more real.

wow. some of you are rather knowledgible in the area of music and recording. very impressive stuff.

I actually learned some stuff form this thread. Nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom